Dairy free Loaded Baked Potatoes Stuffed with Cheesy Sauce are your new favorite comfort food! With versatile ways to fill these spuds, you can enjoy them as a hearty appetizer while watching the big game, as a side dish or as your main dish!
- 2 large russet baking potatoes
- Seasoned salt
- ¼ cup of Core and Rind Bold and Spicy Cheesy Sauce
- ½ - ¾ cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 cup of broccoli florets, chopped small
- ½ cup of cooked black beans
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ t cumin
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 t lime juice
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees. Wash potatoes, season with seasoned salt and wrap in foil. Bake for 45 minutes up to 1 hour depending on the size of your spuds.
- While the spuds bake, ‘water’ stir fry your sliced mushrooms and chopped broccoli 4-5 minutes until tender. Combine black beans in a small bowl with smoked paprika, cumin, salt, pepper and lime juice and add to stir fry mixture. Set aside.
- After potatoes are done and cool enough to handle, slice a small portion off the top and scoop out the white potato flesh, leaving the potato shell intact.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, mash your scooped out potato mixture with Core and Rind Cheesy Sauce.
- Fill your potato shells with your cheesy mixture.
- Make a small dent at the top of the cheesy mash and place your stir fry / black bean mixture. It’s okay if it doesn’t all fit, save for serving on the side.
- Place back in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Top with additional cheesy sauce, green onions, cilantro etc.
Cheesy sauce variation: Use your favorite cheesy sauce for the mashed potato portion! Sharp and Tangy, Bold and Spicy or Rich and Smoky.
Other stuffing ideas: Other than black beans/broccoli: Cheesy chili, Red Lentil “cheeseburger’ mixture, barbeque chickpea or Mexican street corn salad could be used!