Easy Cheesy Zucchini Fritters - 3 Ways!
Zucchini fritters are an easy savory side or meatless main perfect to make for dinner tonight. While these are great to enjoy during the summer with fresh local zucchini, you can also make them year round! Love easy side dishes? Check out these other dairy free cheesy sides like Mexican street corn salad and cheesy cauli bites!
These zucchini patties are so versatile, too! Make them with your favorite Core and Rind cheesy sauce (tangy, smoky or spicy) and then pan-fry, air fry or even bake.
Need even more reason to smother your food in delicious, dairy free cheesy goodness? Check out cheesy grilled corn or chili lime tofu topped with cheesy sauce.
Why We Love These Zucchini Patties with Cheesy Sauce
- Easy to change the flavor by using your favorite Core and Rind Cashew Cheesy Sauce!
- Make them 3 different ways - in the oven, air fry or pan fried.
- Healthy with fresh zucchini (hello, green low carb vegetable) and protein packed chickpeas
- Dairy free + gluten free making them a great plant based side dish!
Ingredients for Zucchini Fritters
Minimal ingredients and zucchini fritters are ready in under an hour!
- Zucchini: Use fresh garden zucchini in the summer or organic zucchini year round!
- Garlic and green onion: Aromatics add savory taste.
- Chickpeas: Plant based protein for a complete main dish!
- Flax eggs: Help keep the fritter intact.
- Chickpea flour: Also to help hold the patties together, chickpea flour is gluten free! The recipe has not been tested with other flours, but possible could substitute brown rice flour or all purpose flour.
- Core and Rind cheesy sauce: Use what suites your tastes! Feeling spicy? Maybe smoky? Or how about tangy?
- Salt and pepper: For taste and water removal from zucchini.
Serving Recommendations for Zucchini Fritters
Top your zucchini fritters with additional chopped green onion and a dollop of cheesy sauce!
Enjoy these as a main dish meal with a side of cheesy cauliflower steaks or even include them in a taco salad.
Storing Your Cheesy Patties
Cool completely, then place in a covered dish in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in microwave (patty will by soft) or in skillet (best for a crisper version)
Freezer friendly is a great way to make these ahead! Cool completely, wrap each individually and store in a freezer safe bag for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge then reheat using above methods.
- 3 medium zucchini shredded (4 cups shredded)
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can chickpeas, in food processor some chunks (pulse about 10 - 15 times)
- 1/2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2 Flax eggs (2 tbsp flax + 5 tbsp water)
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp Core and Rind Cashew Cheesy Sauce - use your favorite flavor!
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1 3/4 tsp salt, divided
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Finely shred zucchini, mix with 1 tsp salt and let sit for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, pulse chickpeas in a food processor about 10-15 times. You want some chunks still intact
- Squeeze zucchini to remove excess water. (place zucchini in nut milk bag or in the middle of a towel, fold up sides and squeeze - over a sink)
- Mix shredded zucchini, garlic, green onion, ¾ salt, pepper, flax eggs, chickpeas, Core and RInd cheesy sauce and chickpea flour in a bowl.
- Make your zucchini mixture into fritters using a ¼ cup measuring cup for heaping fritters.
- Skillet or griddle (or air fry at 350F degrees) for 5-7 minutes, flip and do another 5 - 7 minutes.
Place on a prepared baking sheet (lined with parchment paper) and bake in oven at 425F degrees 30 minutes, flip once.
- To store: Cool completely and store in fridge, covered for up to 3 days. Or freeze for up to 3 months.
Makes about 9 - 10 fritters