These easy cheesy stuffed mushrooms are ready in less than 30 minutes and are the perfect appetizer for any holiday party, game day or even as a side to your main meal! Cheesy, savory and garlicky these mushroom cups will be your new favorite!
Cheese Stuffed Mushroom Caps
Gluten free, dairy free and hard to eat just one, these cheesy stuffed mushrooms are the answer to your holiday appetizer menu! Using your favorite Core and Rind cheesy sauce, this easy appetizer is ready in a half hour, perfect for any last minute guests that stop by to visit!
Use your favorite Core and Rind cheesy sauce, swap the herbs to what you have on hand and this full of flavor appetizer will disappear in a flash! You actually might want to make two pans.
How to Serve Baby Bella Stuffed Mushrooms
Appetizer: Serve as a holiday or game appetizer with smoky cauliflower wings.
In a salad: Pair it with cheesy cauli bites with tahini ranch.
Holiday main: With chili crusted cauliflower steaks and cheesy chive biscuits.
If you make these cheesy stuffed mushrooms be sure to tag @coreandrind on social media!Ingredients:
18 white button or cremini (baby bella) mushrooms (about 10 oz package)
1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
¼ finely chopped mushroom stems
½ small onion, chopped find (just over ¼ cup)
3 minced garlic cloves
2 - 3 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
3 tbsp Core and Rind Sharp and Tangy Cheesy Sauce
¼ c gluten free breadcrumbs (use gluten free panko or regular breadcrumbs)
Salt and fresh ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or chives for serving, optional plus additional Cheesy Sauce for drizzle
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 13x9 shallow baking pan with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Using a damp paper towel, brush the peat moss from mushrooms. Remove the mushroom stems. Cut away and discard any hard bits of the stems then finely mince ¼ cup of them.
- Add the mushroom caps to the prepared baking sheet. Toss them with ½ tablespoon of olive oil and a light sprinkle of pepper. Arrange them cavity-side-up in a single layer.
- Place the other ½ tablespoon of oil in a medium sized skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and chopped mushroom stalks, and a pinch of salt. Cook, occasionally stirring for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and parsley, then cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Stir the cheesy sauce and breadcrumbs into the onions and garlic mixture, cook for another 1 minute.
- Divide the filling between the mushroom caps.
- Bake the mushrooms until mushrooms have softened; about 13-15minutes. Serve with additional chopped fresh herbs/chives, a bit of fresh ground black pepper on top and a drizzle of additional cheesy sauce.
- Mushrooms are best fresh, but can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, chopped up they would make the perfect addition to a cheesy pizza!
Swap cheesy sauce flavor: To your favorite, Sharp and Tangy, Rich and Smoky or Bold and Spicy.
Substitute fresh parsley: For fresh cilantro, fresh thyme or fresh rosemary. Just be sure to pair wisely with what cheesy sauce you are using.